A pre-baby bucket list. That’s a thing right? I have been going around the house cleaning like a crazy person and throwing away a lot of clutter. I’ve been painting and planning what we need to get done around the house. I told Ryan I was “pre-nesting.” I’m sure that’s also a thing.
I was totally on board with having a baby before we were married. I even thought we would maybe conceive on our honeymoon (sorry if that’s TMI) since we aren’t getting any younger over here. I was told I would be a high risk pregnancy so I went to a prenatal specialist and genetics counselor and got all my ducks in a row.
Then April 8th came and went and I am a wife. A wife that loves sleeping in, going on trips, to the movies, drinking (socially!), going to restaurants, spending money on frivolous things… you get the idea. I realized that maybe I’m not quite ready to have a baby. I know that I am meant to be a mom but feel like there is so much more to do before we bring a tiny human into this world. Am I being selfish? Maybe. But I feel like there really are necessities to do before baby and I probably should’ve thought about this long before getting married!
Here is my personal (and somewhat boring) pre-baby bucket list:
- Get new flooring! – this is number 1 for me. I don’t want a baby crawling around on old carpet!
- Make a list of restaurants we want to try and go! – and put the least family friendly ones at the top to visit first!
- Take a camping trip – I LOVE camping but Ryan and I have never done it together! I also can’t imagine it would be much fun with a baby so this is another top priority this summer!
- Go to as many concerts as I can! – I hate when people bring babies to concerts, it’s just too loud for their little ears so I need to get some of these under my belt before I have to start paying for a babysitter!
- Disney World – I would love to go here pre-baby because I imagine it’s a much different experience without kids but I just don’t see it in the budget right now.
- Work on watching our mouth – Ryan and I have a potty-mouth at times and while I guess we have a little while to do this even with a baby in the home, it would be good to get in the habit now before we have little ears listening that can repeat!
- Mimosa Brunch – my favorite! Do these as often as possible before no drinking for 9 months!
- Get in the habit of cooking! – one thing I loved growing up is that we always sat down together for dinner. Ryan and I need to get better at that and it’ll start with me cooking dinner more!
- Sleep in! – I plan to do this as often as possible before baby 😉
- Finish renovations in the home – I suppose this could be done with a baby but a little more work involved!
Well those are a few of the things on my bucket list to do this summer – what is or was on yours?!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure page.