*This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure page.*
I was nominated by the lovely Brianne over at Collins Celtic Crafts for the Liebster Award! If you are a blogger, you have probably heard of the Liebster Award. If you aren’t one or weren’t aware of what it was… well now you have read the rules and know what I now have to do since I was nominated.
But what is a Liebster Award? I have visited a TON of blogs (seriously, try googling Liebster!) and this is what I’ve figured out:
- This award exists only on the internet and it’s given from one blogger to another.
- Throughout the years, the “rules” have changed and there are different variations.
- Liebster is German. It can mean, “dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, etc…”
- New bloggers are chosen as a way to market and promote them from one blogger to another.
- It’s sort of like a chain letter and depending who you are, it can either be annoying or awesome! (I personally think it’s a great way to support one another in the blogging community while also having your readers find out more about you!)
- If you are nominated you can choose to accept it or just ignore it (obviously no one is forcing you to answer the questions!)
- You can be nominated multiple times and just answer the various questions asked! There are also different names for online awards but they are all sort of the same.
So there it is… the Liebster Award. And here are my questions!
1. What/where is your dream vacation?
I once read about a cruise that goes around the world… it takes like 6 months and costs oooh $75k but hey, a girl can dream, right?
2. Why did you start blogging?
I have always been interested in writing but never felt like I could make a career out of it so I didn’t pursue it. As a hobby I have always had blogs that I never let anyone know about (even one in college that was pretty successful but I remained anonymous so it couldn’t go too far), diaries/journals, you name it. So now that I have the chance to stay home I wanted to really put my all into a blog and see where it goes. I would love love love to be able to make this my full time job and stay home with my family.
3. What is your favorite dessert or treat?
4. Apple or Android?
Apple! I made the switch in 2013 and haven’t looked back!
5. Tell us a funny story or hidden talent!
I don’t think I pay attention when I walk. Okay, actually I know I don’t pay attention. I have gone through multiple screens and even slammed into a few glass doors. My most embarrassing was at the mall when I was like 14 at Gap. I was leaving and BAM. It hurt SOOO bad and it was so loud everyone at the cash register looked up. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry!
And the nominees are:
Lauren at EllDuclos
Vee at The Lovely Who
Marina at MarinaTayylor
Julia at Sensible Chaos
Nicole at Nicole & The Couches
Questions for the nominees:
Why did you start blogging?
What is your favorite quote?
Cats or dogs?
What three hashtags describe your blog?
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
That’s it! I can’t wait to read your posts!
Thank you again to Brianne of Collins Celtic Crafts for the nomination! Go check her out!