*This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small percentage of an affiliate sale without any cost to you. I only link to items I truly recommend, and I thank you in advance for your support of Fire + Wife. For more information, please see my disclosure page.*
It’s been 2 months now and over 30 posts since launching this site. I still don’t really feel like I know what I’m doing and learn something new every day but stats show that about 40% of you are returning readers.
For the 60% of you that are new, I wanted to do a reintroduction and welcome to the blog.
How can you get to know me more? I present to you, 40 random facts about me!
1.If I could find somewhere that was like Arizona November-March then I would stay forever.
2. I’m obsessed with the Investigation Discovery channel and shows like Dateline and 48 hours. I only like to watch the shows where the crime is solved though.
3. I had to take my driving test 3 times.
4. I didn’t think I wanted to have kids until Ryan and I were together.
5. I hate zoos.
6. I hate talking on the phone!
7. I had to teach myself every winter from 7th-11th grade because of health issues.
8. I was originally going to major in nursing in college, but couldn’t get the required grade I needed for chemistry. I had never taken it before! (Because I’m sure nurses use chemistry everyday in their jobs…)
9. I bite my nails. Someone please tell me their secret for quitting!
10. I get addicted to games on my phone. Then just stop playing all of a sudden. It was Candy Crush.. now? Disney Blitz. LOL.
11. I’ve never been pulled over for speeding – knock on wood. (And I speed.. often.)
12. I like to cut coupons. And then forget them at home.
13. My first love was Jonathan Taylor Thomas from Home Improvement.
14. I buy candles all the time. And hardly ever burn them.
15. I can’t count the number of jobs I’ve had on two hands. Need way more fingers!
16. I love making lists. (In case you couldn’t tell by my posts – even this is a list!)
17. I over-analyze everything.
18. I love games. Board games, card games, games on my phone.. and I actually enjoy the games at wedding and baby showers!
19. I am allergic to almost anything with fur.
20. I also stop to pet every animal I see…
21. I’ve had braces two times in my life – when I was 10 years old (for 10 months). And when I was 26 (for 6 months!). I had an underbite that is finally corrected!
22. If I meet you once, I’ll probably remember your name for years to come.
23. I think I could easily work third shift. I am a night owl and often up until 3am.
24. I have no tattoos and don’t want any.
25. I never learned to read music. I used to pretend in music class with those little recorders they make you play.
26. I’ve sprained my ankles at least 5 times on each side.
27. I still listen to old cds with boy bands, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera…
28. I’ve had my belly button and nose pierced. Now, only my ears but hardly ever wear earrings since they are sensitive.
29. It takes me forever to fall asleep at night. I can’t shut my brain off.
30. I hardly ever remember my dreams and don’t think I even dream that often. I had a sleep study as a teen and was told I never get into the deepest stages of REM sleep.
31. I avoid going into malls at all costs. Especially around the holidays. So thankful for online shopping!
32. I’m horrible at math. I chose my major based around what didn’t have hard math classes!
33. My first concert was O*Town. Remember them?! Yup. I still listen to them too.
34. I’m a really bad procrastinator. 90% of my papers due in college were done the night before (even 20 pagers.)
35. I’ve never been able to run because of asthma. Even as a kid. I really want to do a color run!
36. Country music is my favorite!
37. I have a headache all the time. Literally, 24/7. Doctors can’t figure it out. Chronic pain, I guess.
38. I love decorating our home to make it pretty, but also because I want to have parties. I love theme parties!
39. People say I look like someone they know allllll the time.
40. I’ve always liked writing. I wrote poems and stories in high school and took creative writing in college.
Do we have anything in common? Anything surprise you? Is there anything else you want to know?